eBay Managed Delivery for high-velocity & high-inventory sellers
eBay sellers with high-volume inventory will finally be able to offer their costumers faster and more reliable delivery with the introduction of eBay Managed Delivery (or eBay Fulfillment, if you prefer) in 2020. The service will be introduced first in the United States, and if everything goes to plan, in a few years it will become available worldwide rivaling Amazon’s managed fulfillment centers and transport infrastructure located all over the globe.
With the introduction of eBay Managed Delivery, the online marketplace will offer its sellers the ability to deposit, pack and ship their merchandise with professional logistics partners managed by eBay itself.
The new super fast delivery service will let sellers store inventory in areas closer to their buyers.
The strategically located warehouses that will be placed across the country will provide the ability to deliver orders in a shorter time and with lower shipping costs.
Some buyers will even benefit because of free shipping, which will, in turn, translate into a larger number of sales.
As shipping costs will become lower and lower thanks to the strategic location of the warehouses, more and more sellers will start offering free shipping on a regular basis.
“A common request we hear from our high-velocity sellers is to help make delivery of high-volume items easy and fast. Managed Delivery will be a competitively-priced logistics solution for businesses selling high-volume goods in popular categories like electronics, home and garden, and fashion.
The implementation of this service will dramatically lessen the shipping burden on sellers, while improving the shopping experience and making unboxing fun for buyers”, said Devin Wenig, eBay President and CEO.
The company describes eBay Managed Delivery as the third pillar of eBay’s constant pursuit to create a more easily managed online marketplace.
eBay sellers who will qualify to offer Managed Delivery will benefit from:
- Lower Fulfillment Costs: eBay will negotiate highly competitive rates on delivery options, saving sellers money on fulfillment costs
- Customer Support & Protections: Dedicated eBay customer service and enhanced financial and reputation protections on shipments
- Simplified and Faster Shipping: End-to-end fulfillment services resulting in more inventory delivered faster and with greater reliability
- Increased Sales: Ability for sellers to entice buyers with faster and reliable delivery
- eBay Branded Packaging: Eco-friendly eBay branded packaging for Managed Delivery orders
On the other hand, buyers will experience a large range of benefits, such as:
- Fast Delivery: Millions of popular products arriving faster to their doorsteps
- Reliability: With 100% tracking, buyers can monitor their packages and know when to expect them
- Free: A significant increase in sellers offering free shipping on products buyers want
- Quality Packaging: Orders arrive in high-quality, sturdy, eco-friendly packaging
- Improved Customer Support: Simpler and quicker resolution on transaction queries
“eBay’s fulfillment pilot has made it easier and faster to get our products in the hands of customers. Today, shoppers are looking for fast and free delivery and this new service has allowed us to increase customer satisfaction while simplifying our business and saving money at the same time”, said David DiBartolomeo of Select Tech, who has been chosen to take part in the fulfillment pilot in the United States.
Almost 1.5 million parcels are dispatched on a daily basis in the United States by eBay sellers. eBay Managed Delivery will also result in hundreds of millions of eBay branded boxes and packages places across the United States.
“These branded packages will not only deliver a better shopping experience for customers, but materially enhance eBay’s brand identity as a popular consumer shopping destination”, eBay stated in a press release.
JustShipIT was developed to decrease the time spent with order management – it is filled with features such as bulk order dispatching, label printing, invoicing and auto emailing.