What is an eBay token and how to renew it
The token could expire for these reasons:
- Token’s expiration date has been reached
The token is invalid after the expiration date.
- User revokes the token
Users are able to revoke tokens using the My eBay page on the website (My eBay > My Account > Site Preferences > General Preferences > Third-party Authorizations). When a user revokes a token for an application, that token expires immediately.
- eBay revokes a token due to security concerns
If eBay detects suspicious activity that indicates a possible security compromise of an account or application, all affected user tokens are expired immediately.
If your Token expired you can renew it following these steps:
- click on Settings – Platforms
- under eBay, click on the platform that has the token expired
- click on Sync settings
- on this page you can see the expiration date of the token
- please “Connect eBay account” to create a new Token
After the token has been created your missed orders will be downloaded in the next 15-20 minutes.